Updated: Jul 21, 2020
With almost all music and theater venues closed, here's a rarity -- live performances in a drive-in like setting at Monmouth Park (yes, the racetrack).
Earlier this month, tickets for Drive-In Live concerts with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (July 11) and comedian Jim Gaffigan (July 12) sold out almost immediately. Just announced are two more drive-in concert events: the tribute band Almost Queen on Wednesday, July 29 and comedian Iliza Shelesinger's "The Forever Tour" on Thursday, July 30.
Tickets went on sale last Thursday via Ticketmaster.com. Only touchless, mobile tickets administered through the Ticketmaster app will be valid for these performances.
The events benefit the Count Basie Center for the Arts, with a portion of proceeds to the New Jersey Arts and Culture Recovery Fund established to ensure the survival and strength of the state’s arts and cultural sector during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
A maximum of four (4) occupants will be permitted per vehicle. Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with New Jersey guidelines:
• Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
• Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
• Patrons must remain inside their vehicle cabins.
• Patrons may only leave their vehicles only to use restrooms, and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
• Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between patrons.
Additional information for these first-of-a-kind concert experiences:
• Passenger vehicles only. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
• All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
• Events are rain or shine.
• Concert will take place in the Grandstand General Parking Lot. Cars must enter via Port-au-Peck Avenue. Specific directions below.
• Concessions information forthcoming. Alcohol will not be served.
• Absolutely no tailgating or out-of-vehicle gatherings.
• Attendees will be able to hear the concerts via FM radio. Details day of show.
• Cars with more than four occupants will be turned away without refund.
• Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
• No pets allowed.
Get more tips and info about amusement parks and Jersey Shore attractions, historic sites, entertainment, sports and shopping with the new book, 100 Things to Do at the Jersey Shore available for purchase here.