Hospitality Tips for the Industry Professional in a Post COVID-19 World.
Updated: Jul 1, 2020
At ISRX we believe that the Standards of Service exist through the timeless Golden Rule, “Do unto others as you’d have done to you”.
As we navigate our re-entry into the world of Hospitality and the Service Industry we must continue to deliver! We cannot take our foot off the gas! There has been a lot of time for operators to re-think their standards of service and process. With that said, the single most important aspect of our industry is the guest experience and how we choose to deliver it. We always strive for perfection, however, reality and human error can almost certainly present itself. The solution is always in the recovery of service.
The hospitality industry is a very “fluid” industry with decisions and service made in real time. We can follow guidelines, we can train our employees and provide them with many tools to succeed, however, unforeseen circumstances will arise. You may ask, “How do we keep the Standard?" - the answer is simple: Listen, Be Empathetic, and Take Action!
We must always walk in the shoes of our guests. As a society we shop, dine, stay and play- so when delivering on the expectation we must follow that Golden Rule! As Maya Angelou once said, “People may forget what you said, forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Ultimately driving your revenue is a direct result of the emotional connection that a guest feels when they visit your establishment. It’s going the extra mile and above and beyond to deliver on their needs in the moment.
As we enter this new Era of service “post Covid-19”, we can change and modify our guidelines – but we must never modify our Standard.
Here are some tips to continue the good vibes:
1. Listen to your guests! Comments and complaints are an opportunity to improve your offerings and your service.
2. The Guest experience exists in the middle of what happens and how you react to it.
3. When dealing with service recovery, later becomes never, act in the moment.
4. One inning at a time, no solution can ever be found by running in different directions- anchor yourself with 3 simple rules: The warm Welcome, Anticipate your guests needs and the fond Farewell – all 3 will ensure repeat patronage and loyalty for future visits
5. Your Employees are your GOLD – so remember the Golden Rule!! Without them there is no Guest Experience!
6. Your Team is your best opportunity for sales and marketing – give them a reason to always promote your business as if it were their own. Incentives for employees are as vital as they are for your Guests.
7. Lastly, “A life lived in the service to others is worth living”- A. Einstein
Giulietta Consalvo and Jason Tell