It’s Turkey Lurkey Time!!
I discovered some soon to be favorite "left-over" Turkey recipes – perfect for “morning after” celebration comfort food. So take your leftover turkey to the next phase of yummy with the Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo and Fried Stuffing-Potato Latkes - YUMMY!!!!
Turkey-Cranberry Monte Cristo Sandwiches
· Soft French Bread
· Cranberry sauce
· Muenster Cheese
· Thinly sliced leftover turkey
· Whole milk
· Confectioners' sugar
1. Spread each slice of bread with cranberry sauce, you can add as much or as little as you like. To build each sandwich, take a slice of cheese and tear it in half. Top the bread with half a cheese slice, turkey and the other half of the cheese slice. Top with another slice of bread, cranberry sauce side down.
2. In a shallow pie plate, add eggs and milk; beat the mixture with a fork until combined. Soak each sandwich in the mixture, about 30 seconds per side.
3. In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, melt a couple Tablespoons of butter. Add a few sandwiches and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip sandwiches and cook the other sides until golden. Add more butter as needed to cook the rest of the sandwiches.
4. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. (Serve warm)
Fried Stuffing and Potato Latkes
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
2 cups leftover stuffing
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
Unsweetened applesauce, optional
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into skillet; press to flatten slightly. Fry on each side until golden brown and heated through, 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with applesauce.
Post your favorite Thanksgiving dishes on social media with #TheCityPulse for a chance to be featured in a follow up story.
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving