Happy Fall! There are lots of cool outings you can do around Philly and still have a socially distanced fun time. Here are my top 5 picks:
1. Made in Philadelphia Market at Dilworth Park. Happening October 9-11th and showcasing local art, photography, jewelry and accessories, skincare, glassware, wood crafts and culinary vendors. Admission is FREE. For more information: https://www.madeinphila.com/ Bonus: Look for the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market as well.
2. PHS Pop-Up Gardens. Located in various areas of the city, these gardens take over public spaces with beautiful greenery as well as food and drink offerings. But each one is only open for a limited time! Currently there are spaces at South Street, Manayunk and the Naval Yard. For more information: https://phsonline.org/
3. Scarecrows in the Village. Visit Peddler's Village in Bucks County September 9- October 11th and check out the display of over 100 scarecrows in this yearly competition. You can vote for your favorite and enjoy all the shops and restaurants the Village has to offer as well. For more information: https://peddlersvillage.com/event/scarecrows-in-the-village/
4. Frightful Drive-in Movies. Hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Event Group enjoy a whole month of haunted Halloween movies at Snipes Farm. Selections include Scream and A Nightmare on Elm Street. For more information: https://midatlanticeventgroup.com/upcoming-public-events/
5. Pick your own. The photo above is from my own outing this past weekend at Dalton Farms (https://daltonfarmsnj.com/). There are lots of pick your own locations around Philly for flowers, pumpkins, fruit and more. Whether you are going for the fresh air, photo ops or hayrides check one of them out. I had a great time picking zinnias.
Here are a few:
Maples Acres: https://www.mapleacresfarmmarket.com/
Linvilla Orchards: http://linvilla.com/
Highland Orchards: https://highlandorchards.net/
Are you hosting an outdoor event this Fall you think I should cover? Please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org