A Fashionable Night in AC
Updated: Jun 29, 2022
On Saturday, June 25th, 2022, the inaugural Le Diner en Blanc was held in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The secret "location" was the boardwalk itself with many sections of diners and tablescapes in white from States Avenue to Rhode Island Avenues. Organized by Le Diner en Blanc co-hosts Natanya DiBona and Kayli Moran and their team of incredible volunteers, this was the first time the event was held in the state of New Jersey. There were 2,600 guests in attendance.
I walked the boardwalk stopping to talk to friends, admiring the décor and selecting some of the most fashionable folks I encountered. Here are my picks for Best Fashion at Le Diner en Blanc Atlantic City:
Mayor Marty Small, Sr., Mayor of Atlantic City. I approached him not knowing he was the Mayor. I was drawn to his amazing ensemble which included this embroidered lace dress shirt. He told me it was from his tailor at Floss Clothing (522 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA). Follow more pictures of his ensemble and the event at @immartysmall.
2. Lora Lewis, Radio Host, Beasley Media Group. Lora was wearing a beautiful midi dress by Jamaican designer Courtney Washington made just for her. It was paired with a foldable hat purchased at her "secret" hat shop (New Style Ladies on Girard Avenue) for the Havana Le Diner en Blanc. She has traveled with the hat to the Paris Le Diner en Blanc event as well.
3. Thelma Gwein & Tracee Guions. Philadelphia, PA. Next, I encountered these two lovely women from Philadelphia. I approached them because I noticed the amazing fringe dress moment. The dress was purchased on Amazon. Tracee's outfit was by Ashley Stewart. They showed me their unique accessories as well. The earring and necklace set as well as the glass basketball purse-all purchased from Amazon.
4. Kat Hinkel. Philadelphia, PA. Kat was sporting this beautiful lit overlay on her dress. She told me she had ordered it from a designer in Belarus. Her headpiece was a 3D printed Etsy find. She was also celebrating her engagement!
5. Terry Lea. School District & City of Atlantic City, New Jersey. His hat was made by milliner MCcants of Mccants Originale. Suit by K & G. He told me he had just secured 10 suits for 10 students who did not have the financial means to purchase attire for prom. He is a gem!
6. Carmen Lennon. Philadelphia, PA. Carmen's beautiful dress was by ASTR purchased at Nordstrom. She paired it with a fabulous fascinator she found in London.
7. Ellen Bailey. Deputy General Counsel for Stockton University. Galloway, NJ. Ellen wore a fabulous jumpsuit purchased at a boutique in Cherry Hill, New Jersey for a prior Le Diner en Blanc. The year it was purchased she opted not to wear it in the rain and pulled it out for this sunny and dry inaugural diner in Atlantic City. She looked perfect!
8. Leroy West. Designer, Philadelphia, PA. My Best of the Best! He designed the suit he was wearing with the floral jacket interior. The pendant necklace was a festival find and was the perfect accessory to his ensemble. He stood out on the Boardwalk and after talking to him I learned that he had designed the wedding ensembles for my friends Ernest Owens & Barry Johnson who were married in Philadelphia, PA last year.
The 10th edition of Le Diner en Blanc Philadelphia will be held on August 18, 2022. For more info: https://philadelphia.dinerenblanc.com/
Atlantic City: https://atlanticcity.dinerenblanc.com/