One of the Jersey Shore's biggest events flies in next weekend and not virtually. Airfest at The Naval Air Station Wildwood (NASW) returns Saturday & Sunday, September 5th and 6th at the aviation museum which is located next to the Cape May Airport in Lower Township. With its large covered space in Historic Hangar #1 and expansive grounds, Airfest can easily accommodate socially distanced crowds.
Among the highlights of the weekend are:
* The Classic Jet Aircraft Association will be flying in, landing and doing a meet and greet.
* Jets will do a formation flyover along the Jersey Cape.
* Live entertainment by Animal House Band will be outside on the west side covered stage Saturday & Sunday 12pm-4pm.
* Live performance of Amelia Earhart, portrayed by Pat Jordan of American Historical Theatre, Saturday from12-1pm. (Advance online ticket purchase required. Seating is limited.)
* Live performance of Charles Lindbergh portrayed by Neill Hartley of American Historical Theatre
Sunday from 12-1pm. (Advance online ticket purchase required. Seating is limited.)
* Vendors and exhibitors on site.
Click here for a special Airfest weather forecast from "Nor'Easter" Nick Pittman, New Jersey's Weatherman. With a lifetime spent at the Jersey Shore and a decade in broadcast meteorology, Nick will tell you the best time to visit the show. Read more about Nick here on The City Pulse.
Located inside a real World War II hangar, the NASW gives visitors an opportunity to travel back in time. Explore aviation and military history through hands-on exhibits and fun activities designed for the whole family.
General admission to Airfest is $14 for adult, $12 for children. It's free for NASW members. Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended at www.usnasw.org. The museum is open rain or shine however arrival of jet aircraft is weather dependent.