$10,000 NY Eve + Budget Friendly Options
Updated: Sep 22, 2021
Includes Fireworks, Dom Pérignon, 2-room hotel suite, 4-course dinner,
breakfast in bed, 2nd getaway & much more!
(& a more reasonably priced overnight package too)
Looking for an over-the-top New Year's Eve celebration? The brand new Hyatt Centric Center City Philadephia is offering a $10,000 New Year’s Eve package. (Yes, you read that right -- $10,000!) The package includes a private fireworks show, overnight accommodations in the new hotel’s luxurious Presidential Suite adorned with 21 dozen long-stemmed roses, a chauffeured limousine ride, a 4-course dinner including Maine Lobster Tail, Grilled Wagyu Beef and Truffled Potatoes, Champagne in a personalized Crystal Ice Bucket from Tiffany & Co. and engraved diamond point champagne flutes, a decadent 3-course breakfast in bed and much, much more including a second getaway (up to 5 nights at any Hyatt on the globe). All while steadfastly ensuring the safety of guests and staff with Hyatt’s Global Care and Cleanliness commitment, which Forbes magazine has called the best in the hotel industry.
“It’s probably safe to say that everyone is happy to bid adieu to 2020,” said Gilbert Santana, general manager. “Everyone has a burning desire to ring in a happier, healthier new year, and the only way to match that is to make a BIG statement. Of course, we’re offering a memorable package for those on a more reasonable budget too.”
In addition to the $10 thousand package, Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia can accommodate those on a more limited budget ring in 2021. Both packages offer the opportunity for guests to celebrate in the warmth, privacy and safety of their rooms.
The 332-room Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia is located at 1620 Chancellor Street (off 17th Street between Walnut & Locusts Streets) in Rittenhouse, within a block of Rittenhouse Square, lauded dining, outdoor cafes, boutique shopping, and lively nightlife. The hotel is within walking distance of holiday shows, museums on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, the historic attractions and the central business district.
$10,000 New Year’s Eve Package
at Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia
* Private Fireworks Show (12-minute show at your suburban home or a mutually agreed upon suburban location of your choice.) Provided by Celebration Fireworks.
* Chauffeured Limousine from your home to the Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia & back. (You’ll be picked up at your home in a Lincoln MKT Stretch Limousine with a flat screen TVs, bar, fiber optic light show, privacy partition, WiFi, bluetooth enabled sound system and USB charging ports. Within 30 miles of hotel.) Provided by Sterling Limousine & Transportation.
* Overnight accommodations for two in the luxurious 2-room Presidential Suite at Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia, which is located in the heart of Rittenhouse. Amenities include a 55 inch flatscreen HD TV, Drybar Buttercup salon-quality blow-dryer, Beekind amenities, iHome alarm clock/radios, Keurig coffee maker, a signature Hyatt Grand Bed, black-out curtains, and curated meditations.
* 21 dozen long-stemmed roses (21 to mark 2021) adorning the Presidential Suite.
* Decadent 4-course dinner for two in the safety of your 2-room suite with its own dining area. Starting with a Raw Bar: Florida Stone Crab Claws, Grey Goose Cocktail Sauce; Chesapeake Gold oyster, Canterbury Cure Russian Osetra Caviar, Limoncello Herb Mignonette; Skuna Bay Tuna Tartar, Togarashi, Chuka Wakame Sesame Seaweed Salad, Toasted Nori. Followed by a Baby Romaine and Trevisano Salad with Shaved Black Radish, Blood Orange Segments, Double Crème French Brie, Celeriac, Pomegranate Seeds, Applewood Smoked Bacon Vinaigrette. Entree includes both Butter Poached Maine Lobster Tail and Grilled Filet of Wagyu Beef accompanied by Truffle Confit Marble Potatoes, Braised Winter Greens, Roasted Fennel, Glazed Heirloom Carrots, Foie Gras Demi-Glace. Top it off with Aged Port Wine Poached Pear and Whipped Mascarpone, Candied Chestnuts, Black Mission Figs, Bitter Chocolate.
* Dom Pérignon Magnum for a midnight toast.
* Tiffany & Co. crystal champagne bucket and flutes personalized with guests’ initials, to be a lasting keepsake.
* Start 2021 with Champagne Breakfast in Bed for two. The 3-course menu includes Bubbly Prosecco Infused Fruit Cocktail with Lyche, Dragon Fruit, Kiwi, Pink Pineapple, Spiced Cashews, Citrus Greek Yogurt; Amish Chicken Crepe with Confit Chicken Thighs, Kennett Square Mushrooms, Braised Pearl Onion, Wilted Greens, Sour Cream Dill Sauce; Eggnog French Toast, Cinnamon Allspice Cream Cheese, Hazelnut Praline, Roasted Apple Lingonberry Compote, Chocolate Streusel; Mimosas, La Colombe Coffee and Freshly Baked Croissants.
* Wearing plush monogrammed bathrobes and slippers personalized with the guests’ names, another gift to take home.
* Late check out so you can spend the first day of the new year enjoying Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia’s great location in the heart of Rittenhouse before being whisked home in the Lincoln Stretch MKT limousine.
* To make 2021 as memorable as 2020, only in a better way, the package includes 150,000 World of Hyatt points that can be used for up to 5-nights at any Hyatt worldwide.
To book the $10,000 New Year’s Eve package call Brian Lang at 215/982-4905.
And if you’re on a more limited budget...
$349 New Year’s Eve Package
at Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia
* Overnight accommodations for two in a bright, modern 550 square foot suite at Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia with floor to ceiling windows. Amenities include a 55 inch flatscreen HD TV, Drybar Buttercup salon-quality blow-dryer, Beekind amenities, iHome alarm clock/radios, Keurig coffee maker, a signature Hyatt Grand Bed, black-out curtains, and curated meditations.
* The room will be adorned with one dozen long-stemmed red roses.
* 3-course dinner for two in the safety of your own room starting with a Mixed Baby Kale Salad with Pickled Strawberry, Purple Haze Goat Cheese, Toasted Walnuts, Shaved Fennel Citrus Olives, Dijon Champagne Vinaigrette. Entree: Lump Crab Cake and Grilled Petite Filet of Beef with White Cheddar and Herb Polenta, Sautéed Asparagus, Blistered Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Fried Shallots, Merlot Demi-Glace. Topped of with Ricotta Cheesecake with a Gingerbread Crust, Caramelized Bananas, Raspberry, White Chocolate Sauce. Accompanied by a bottle of sparking wine.
To book the $349 New Year’s Eve package, call 215/985-1234.
Tip: Having dinner & drinks in the city? Stay overnight at Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia. For lowest prices on a room, visit Hyatt.com.
Additional NY Eve Doings
Vernick Food & Drink -- This James Beard-award winning restaurants in the Rittenhouse area will be serving its tavern-style menu (outside with heat lamps) on December 31. A special holiday à la carte menu will be available for pick up & delivery.
Amada -- Chef Jose Garces is offering a ready-to-eat Surf & Turf dinner including prime rib with bordelaise & horseradish crème fraiche and half poached lobster for each guest. Served family style. Instructions provided.
Jean-Georges -- In the Four Seasons Hotel, Philadephia at the top of the Comcast Tower is offering a decadent tasting menu including caviar, foie gras and Wagyu beef. It is ready-to-eat with no reheating or additional preparation required.
Frieda -- This community building restaurant is offering two elegant dinner options at only $17 per person. Get Caoulibiac (salmon in puff pastry, salad and sides) or Pork 3 ways (loin roulade, braised shoulder, belly confit) plus salad and sides. Soup and/or dessert can be added for only $3 each.
Sesame Place -- This Sesame Street themed park in Langhorne will be open from 1 to 6 p.m. on December 31 and the evening will culminate with a fireworks display. It will also be open on New Year’s Day.
Shade Brook Farm -- Drive through this holiday light show on New Year’s Eve (open until 10 p.m. or New Year’s Day (open until 11 p.m.) to see huge illuminated Christmas icons, scenes from nursery rhymes and fairy tales and much more. Make the evening extra special by reserving an individual fire pit.
Washington House Restaurant - This Bucks County restaurant, which is adjacent to the Sellersville Theater, has created an elegant menu for New Year’s Eve at home. The three course meal includes soup, choice of main courses, including Lobster Ravioli, Jumbo Lump Crab and Shrimpcakes and Duo of Beef with a petite filet and braised short rib, sides and a dessert sampler. You can add on a cheese and charcuteries tray or seafood hors d’oeuvres.
Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center - This non-profit arts organization based in West Chester will celebrate its 5th anniversary and bid farewell to 2020 with a star-studded, entertainment-packed virtual gala that will be live-streamed. The family-friendly event sill including jazz and classical guitar, dueling pianos, Broadway cabaret with Hanna Gaffney, the Kun-Yang Lin/danders and more.
by Irene Levy Baker, author, 100 Things To Do In Philadelphia and Unique Eats & Eateries of Philadelphia. Both books are full of tips. For even more tips, visit www.100ThingsToDoInPhiladelphia.com. Planning a staycation? Need gifts? Go to the website for signed copies of books. For free shipping, use promo code TheCityPulse. Click here for more blog postings by Irene Levy Baker including free holiday events paired with where to get hot chocolate nearby, socially-distant tours and tips for how to help restaurants survive.